Looking for something a little left of centre this Scenic Rim Eat Local Week? Here’s 10 flavour-filled suggestions to taste the food, see the sights and meet the growers!
1. SOLD OUT: Field Kitchen with Alison Alexander and Caroline Jones @ Scenic Rim Farm Box Shop | Friday 18 June. Join Scenic Rim Food Ambassadors, Alison Alexander and Caroline Jones for a day in the country. Enjoy a field walk and chat with the farmer, followed by an entertaining interactive cooking demonstration and a shared lunch in the grounds of the Scenic Rim Farm Shop. Book your tickets here.
3. Jamming with the Lambs @ Towri Sheep Cheeses | Saturday 26 June. Towri’s annual event ‘Jamming with the Lambs’ is all about celebrating beautiful locally sourced produce while being captivated by the magic of Towri! Presented by an award-winning local chef, delivered with the sound of live jazz, the smell of bustling fire pits and paired with local wines, Jamming really is a must do! Get your tickets here.
4. Sunset Ecotour @ Mt Barney Lodge | Wednesday 30 June (SOLD OUT) and Thursday 1 July. Our guide will show you many of the wild bush foods that grow naturally on the property, with an opportunity to seasonally taste them. Stroll up to our lookout and admire the spectacular sunset over Mt Barney whilst you sip a glass of local wine and taste a selection of local cheeses. Book your tickets here.
5. Cocktail Master Class @ Tamborine Mountain Distillery | Saturday 26 June (SOLD OUT) and Saturday 3 July. Learn the fundamentals of mixology and taste your delicious creations in this fun cocktail masterclass. Using in-house recipes, local ingredients and our own spirits and liqueurs, you will learn how to create two different types of cocktails and design your own! After the class relax and enjoy your own cocktail accompanied with a gourmet platter made with some of the finest food that the Scenic Rim produces. Get your tickets here.
6. SOLD OUT: KALBAR-BQ starring the Shank Brothers using live fire & smoke | Saturday 26 June. A luxurious long table lunch celebrating the very best Scenic Rim produce with cooking by one of Australia’s most awarded celebrity BBQ teams, Shank Brothers. Local pork, beef, lamb and even camel cooked over live fire & smoke, set in the rustic Kalbar Showgrounds. Book your tickets here.
7. SOLD OUT: Sensory Experience @ Tamborine Mountain Coffee Plantation | Saturday 26 June. Join us on the plantation for a day full of all things coffee! This year we’ll be focusing on all things TASTE. After taking a guided plantation tour explaining how we grow and process our coffee, we’ll be running a complete sensory experience based around our favourite beverage. An absolute must for coffee-lovers!
8. Owl & Bee High Tea @ Little Bee’s Secret Garden | Wednesday 30 June. Discover the secret garden and enjoy an exclusive high tea showcasing garden-grown fresh herbs, locally harvested honey and organic teas.
9. SOLD OUT: Dinner under the Stars with Scenic Rim Astronomy Association | Saturday 26 June. A limited opportunity for 50 people to enjoy a three course dinner under the stars with presentations from local astronomers. Dinner will be a gastronomy event showcasing local foods interspersed with night sky tours, telescope viewings and demonstrations.
10. SOLD OUT: Thai Fusion Cooking Classes @ Scenic Rim Cooking Classes | Saturday 26 June. Thai fusion cooking combining hot, sour, salty and sweet flavours. We will create together food that is authentic Thai cuisine using local Scenic Rim produce so expect some spice! Bring your friends along or make some new ones whilst enjoying your Thai feast washed down with local beverages. This event is fully booked, join the waitlist here.